Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Looking Inwards

I am so happy I don’t have to kill my computer. I still may kill the internet …

My name is Kanchan and I want to figure out how I got to where I’m standing right now. Barnes and Noble’s is showing my artwork this month and I’m about to explode.  I am a collage artist.  I take images from books and magazines and recycle them by gluing them together until I feel I have something of beauty in my hands. I love pattern, texture and vivid colors. Bright colors are like loud music on the beach in summer to me  …it’s all about just feeling in the groove.  I love warm colors the way I love the sun and warmth.  Here is one of my favorites, it’s called Celestial ...

When I try to figure out how I came to this place in my life, I always think it was a good thing  that I broke my leg that summer … if I hadn’t fell, I’d have no pictures to share with you. I wouldn’t even know what you can really do with a blog. So I’m tired, it’s late. Perhaps I’ll let the internet live and just go to sleep … goodnight from New York. ~ Kanchan

2 comments:

  1. Kanchan, isn't it amazing the beauty that can come from difficulty! Congrats on your post...and your show. Fly high, Rae Payne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kanchan it was so nice to meet you at B&N the other day! It was wonderful to speak with you, and such a coincidence- even moreso that it was on such a triumphant day in your life with B&N showcasing your artwork. All the best to you, hope we meet again! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete